Hi, I am Deborah Turner your Auxiliary outreach chairperson for 2023-2024. I am looking forward to an awesome year of reporting the things you are doing in your communities. Collectively, all our projects and hours need to be counted to effectively show the importance of the local VFW and VFW Auxiliary to the community.
I know that reaching our veterans and community are just as important to you as they are to me. So, let’s make a difference. report, report ,report we are better as a unit than apart.
If you are unsure about your project
Feel free to contact me:
Mail 1117 Sawmill Drive, Crystal Springs MS. 39059
Exert from Malta-member resources- Auxiliary Outreach:
What’s Considered Auxiliary Outreach Examples include:
- Working walks or runs that benefit other organizations as an event spotter, water station volunteer, timekeeper, etc. (Walking or running in the race is not part of Auxiliary Outreach; that’s participation, not partnering.)
- Working with local police on child ID kits or with EMTs to host CPR Training.
- Working with firefighters on fire safety and prevention.
- Working with parks and recreation departments to plant trees, develop non-veteran related community art installations and on adopt-a-park initiatives.
- Helping with a spay and neuter animal clinic.
- Serving food at soup kitchens.
What’s Not Considered Auxiliary Outreach
Auxiliary Outreach is for projects NOT AFFILIATED with VFW or VFW Auxiliary Programs. Volunteer work that is performed for the benefit of the Post or Auxiliary is NOT considered Outreach. Examples of projects that do not qualify include:
- Repairs to, maintenance or beautification of the Post home.
- Cooking or serving a meal for a Post or Auxiliary fundraiser.
- “Buddy”® Poppy distribution.
- VFW or Auxiliary meetings, conventions, conferences, or schools of instruction.
- Providing an honor guard at a member’s funeral.
- Flying the American Flag.
- Conducting Flag retirement programs.
- Church activities for one specific congregation and not the entire community (e.g., usher, elder, deacon, minister, etc.)
Remember to wear something that shows you are a VFW Auxiliary member. Get your Outreach program approved by the Auxiliary body.
Thank you in advance, now let’s do great things.