Becki Todd Chairman
I would like to thank Madame President Barbara for allowing me to continue to chair this program as it is dear to my heart.
This program was started in 1947 and was originally known as the Rehabilitation Program. It has grown since then and become so much more. It now includes numerous programs under its umbrella but OUR goal is still the same. We have to care for and show support for our veterans, service members and their families.
This year’s National theme is “Banding Together for Our Veterans” and this should be OUR motto as we work together to support our veterans, service members and their families. This program is the heart of our organization. We need to make ourselves visible in our communities and spread awareness of the programs and aid available to our veterans, these include:
- National Veterans Service (NVS) that helps obtain benefits that they deserve – at no cost.
- Military Assistance Program (MAPS) funds ways to connect with local military units.
- Unmet Needs has financial grants to help pay rent/mortgage, utilities, auto repairs and more.
- VFW Sports Clips Help A Hero Scholarships awards money to assist with educational goals.
- Suicide Prevention and Mental Health Awareness.
- Supporting Homeless Veterans.
- Supporting Veteran Caregivers.
Our veterans have sacrificed so much for us, our service members continue to sacrifice as do all of their families so it is time for us to do all we can for them. As our MS Department theme says, “Let’s Soar Above and Beyond for Veterans” and show our support like never before.
My goal again this year is to have every auxiliary in our state participate in 2 or more of the above programs AND to report that for 100% participation. Remember to REPORT the SUPPORT!