WELCOME TO EXTENSION & REVITALIZATION!!!
I want to start this Program year off with a couple of things we all know, but sometimes need to be
5 Essentials of an Auxiliary
The National Organization requires only five (5) things of an Auxiliary:
- Auxiliaries should have at least ten (10) business meetings per year. (Sec. 210) Five
members in good standing, of that Auxiliary SHALL constitute a quorum for the
transaction of business. (Sec. 212)
- Dues should be paid by at least ten (10) members on or before February 1 of the
current year. (Sec. 207)
- Quarterly Audits by Trustees MUST be submitted. (Sec. 814)
- Officers elected, installed and reported to National Headquarters no later than June 30.
This generates the bond application via email. (Sec.804A and 806A)
- The offices of the President and the Treasurer MUST be bonded by August 31.
Maintaining Current Auxiliaries
The National Organization has developed many resources for members to use. The Online Auxiliary
Academy offers everything from videos to PDF files to Power Point presentations to help strengthen
your Auxiliary. MALTA also offers valuable tools in Member Resources. These resources have proven
to be helpful in assisting Auxiliaries be more productive.
- The Healthy Auxiliary Tool Kit includes seven (7) resources to assist Auxiliaries in
identifying and solving issues:
▪ Healthy Auxiliary Checklist
▪ Healthy Auxiliary Member Questionnaire
▪ Auxiliary Meeting Clinic
▪ Communication Phone/Text Tree
▪ Good Job Certificate
▪ Healthy Auxiliary Certificate
▪ VFW Auxiliary Mentoring Guide
- Building on the VFW Auxiliary Foundation can educate members on duties of the
Officers, how to be a Chairman and the Why of reporting. As well as more valuable
Working with your Auxiliary is the only to identify issues and solve them before it gets out of hand.